- Last Active
What to post
This is an art category for any form of art(music, drawing, 2d, 3d, modelling, you name it), you can post links to your works or your works proper. You can talk about learning art, game design or anything related, it's meant to be a very open ended Artist Hub.
Take notice that GD forums is not responsible for any links leading to third party websites.
Remember to post resources for use in Godot in the resources category, so people can easily find it.
How to post it
If posting your artwork bear in mind the size of the file you are uploading. The server has a file limit of about 1mb per file, which may not be enough for your works, image hosting services however don't so you should look into using those.
Also, the built-in upload system sometimes ruins alpha and doesn't support animated gifs properly.
We have imgur integrated through the add Images button, alternatively you can use your own service and paste a direct link through the file Icon-> img url interface.
If you want your post to expose a thumbnail, please use a direct link to the image. Remember, the first image link found will be added as a thumbnail.
- As in any category, use Tags instead of tittle posts like W.I.P or whatnot, the tags are there to help you.
- Any shader posts should probably go in the shader category, but if it is about FX demo you can post here, it's really up to you, use you common sense.
- Also, if posting any finished effect, that may be used with Godot, please consider posting in the Resources section and optionally linking back to discuss the making of it. Again, use your common sense.
- Please use constructive criticism when users ask for an opinion on their works.
- If have any comments on the category it's self or anything forum related please post it in the forum chat category, there is already a post about this.
Binary Orange is the Community Manager so I decided to let his words stand untouched and not add anything. As the year comes to a close though, I just wanna add a little something.
Whatever happens in the future I wish you all "great success!" in your future ventures and lots of learning in the year to come. Thanks everyone for being a part of this project, I hope the forum was useful in your pursuits and that it helped you with your goals.
I agree it should be the central go-to place. I'm sticking this in hopes it will gather attention.
If you wanna hide something use the helper with the paragraph symbol in the text edit options, [spoiler] wont do anything.
If you know markdown you can use that directly.
Move this to General Chat, Forum chat is solely for forum specific stuff.
This is fairly interesting, I'd recommend you publish a build so ppl could see/test it. And maybe share more details somewhere.(like in a blog post, or here if you want)
Also, if you want ppl to send you emails, you have to edit your profile and check the option to let other see your email. Or you could publish it on your post.
Nice work, I think down the road a lot of people might be looking into that.