Upload your tools on the Asset Library!

KiwiColoredHorrorKiwiColoredHorror Posts: 5Member
edited December 2016 in Resources

Now that the Asset Library is available : https://godotengine.org/asset-library/asset
it would be great that it becomes the central place for the many tools made on the forum and on github.
This way more people will get interested in godot, seeing the accumulation of ressources made by godot users than having to search around the web for some of it.

Tagged:

Tags :

Comments

• KioriKiori Posts: 246Member

I agree it should be the central go-to place. I'm sticking this in hopes it will gather attention.

• GokudomaticGokudomatic Posts: 70Member
    edited December 2016

Why is the star-evaluation system not working?

• RossRoss Posts: 199Member

Not a lot is working on the Asset library website, there's no one working on it on a regular basis.

• YedsonYedson Posts: 1Member

Great stuff, I'm just stating out and so I hope I could make some useful plugins.

• ZireaelZireael Posts: 74Member

I wish the stars worked, there's a couple of plugins I'd have rated really highly.

• wetechwetech Posts: 16Member

How do you handle updates to your Asset Library Project? Do you just upload your changes to your GitHub repository and edit your Asset Library Project to new version number, or do you create a new Asset Library submission and wait for approval again?

• CalinouCalinou Posts: 184Admin Godot Developer

How do you handle updates to your Asset Library Project? Do you just upload your changes to your GitHub repository and edit your Asset Library Project to new version number […]

I believe you should push your changes to your GitHub repository, tag a new release (and push the tag) then submit a new version on your asset page (don't create a new submission in this case).

• MagicLordMagicLord Posts: 578Unconfirmed

I agree this is useful to be able to download 3D models and scripts for quick prototyping, like some pre made player model and controller, some moving platforms with scripts, or any assets.

What about some integrated browser like Unity Asset Store instead of a repository ?
    Something people open from the editor and can download to their project on some clicks or upload some things form the project they are working on. Something to quickly search, preview, rate or drop useful comments for each asset.

Um, you know we can open asset store straight in Godot?

• MagicLordMagicLord Posts: 578Unconfirmed
    edited May 9

@Zireael said:
    I wish the stars worked, there's a couple of plugins I'd have rated really highly.

We need those starts to be able to separate quality assets from usable ones.

@Zireael said:
    Um, you know we can open asset store straight in Godot?

RIght, i used it one time and only found plugins :D

Why the Godot forum account can't be linked to the Asset Library ?
    This would make it easy for everyone.

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 927Admin

@MagicLord said:
    Why the Godot forum account can't be linked to the Asset Library ?
    This would make it easy for everyone.

Can you elaborate more on what you mean?

He means the forum account should be used for asset lib (and for that matter, probably true for q&a, too).

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 927Admin

You mean something similar to having Blender ID but for godot? It would still be outside the scope of the forum here but if godotengine.org were to set it up then I see no reason why the forum couldn't support it for logins too.

• frankiezafefrankiezafe Posts: 15Member

Thanks for the tip, i've just uploaded the fish shader, wait and see :)