I'm having trouble with multithreaded loading / ResourceInteractiveLoader

PierrePierre Posts: 1Member

Hello!
I built a game in Godot 2.1 and used the script as presented here as loading scenes: https://docs.godotengine.org/en/3.0/tutorials/io/background_loading.html

It worked fine then, it is releases on AppStore and works just fine still to this day. But now, when I try to do the same thing in Godot3 it is not working for me. It works fine in the preview, the trouble is on the iPad. The graphic will not turn up after I've used the Interactive Loader. If I just instance my scene with the load() it works fine, but as soon as I try to involve the multithread loading it turns up black. I have done some adjustments, but it seems it is not the resource_queue.gd itself but the Interactive Loader that is giving me problems. I have tried different texture settings in the export templates, but to no avail. The texture will not show up! The shape and position is as intended, but it will not show the texture.

I have read and researched this for two days now, and I have written a small demonstration of my problem. So if anyone in the community could have a look and give me some pointers, I would be happy. Maybe it is a bug, maybe it is not; I am too junior to even dare submit it through the official channels so I thought I'd have a go here first.

I have a short movie here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bven4wouyr8nci4/movieGodot.mp4?dl=0
and a projekt file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmg6zw5a3plv61j/LoadingTestPN.zip?dl=0

I know the code in this demo is not perfect, it is just an example, but I think it should work nonetheless. I have not yet tried it on Android or any other exported formats, so as of yet it is iOS that I'm having trouble with.

Best Regards
Pierre Nilsson

Tagged:

Tags :

Answers

  • TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 1,049Admin

    @Pierre said:
    I have read and researched this for two days now, and I have written a small demonstration of my problem. So if anyone in the community could have a look and give me some pointers, I would be happy. Maybe it is a bug, maybe it is not; I am too junior to even dare submit it through the official channels so I thought I'd have a go here first.

    Yeah, this sounds like a bug. I can double check the project later and see if I get the same results on my iOS devices if that helps.

    I would highly suggest opening a issue on the Godot GitHub repository explaining the issue, and I would also include the demonstration project, as that greatly helps with the debugging process.

    I would not worry about being "too junior". It looks like you have looked into the problem, found that the issue is likely not your code, and have made a project that demonstrates the problem. In my opinion that is all you really need for a helpful bug report. What you have explained above and having a test project is better than a lot of the bug reports I see on GitHub :smile:

  • MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 1,087Admin
    edited January 31

    @Pierre said:
    Hello!
    I built a game in Godot 2.1 and used the script as presented here as loading scenes: https://docs.godotengine.org/en/3.0/tutorials/io/background_loading.html

    The tutorial link you are linking to in context of 2.1 is for godot 3.0(as you should be able to tell from the URL). Here are the ones for 2.1(particularly for anyone else who might have arrived here from a search engine):
    https://docs.godotengine.org/en/2.1/learning/step_by_step/scene_tree.html
    https://docs.godotengine.org/en/2.1/learning/features/misc/background_loading.html

    @Pierre said:
    It worked fine then, it is releases on AppStore and works just fine still to this day. But now, when I try to do the same thing in Godot3 it is not working for me. It works fine in the preview, the trouble is on the iPad. The graphic will not turn up after I've used the Interactive Loader. If I just instance my scene with the load() it works fine, but as soon as I try to involve the multithread loading it turns up black. I have done some adjustments, but it seems it is not the resource_queue.gd itself but the Interactive Loader that is giving me problems. I have tried different texture settings in the export templates, but to no avail. The texture will not show up! The shape and position is as intended, but it will not show the texture.

    This sounds like a potential bug, search the issue tracker to see if someone else has reported it before and if not - create a new issue report. If someone has reported it, see if you cant supply a further comment with some extra details perhaps.

Sign In or Register to comment.