SciFi Level Demo

KorosKoros Posts: 12Member
edited January 15 in Projects

Godot engine demo level for Godot 3.1 Beta 1 (Classical build)
The demo is relatively large so it can take a minute or slightly longer to load depending on your system.

All assets and code are MIT licensed and free for commercial or personal use!
https://koros.itch.io/scifi-level

Demonstrates a basic 3rd/1st person free look camera with zoom, collision, FPS counter, 3D sound with a volume slider and UI with an options screen .

Options
Alt-Enter: Fullscreen
Shift-Enter: Vsync
Home: Reload
F1: Title screen
F2: Options

A Windows exe (64 bit) build of the demo is included in the Export folder so you can play with it right away but the Godot engine 3.1 Beta 1 is needed for the project files.

Lot's of things could be improved but this was just a performance test.
Use any of the assets!

Have fun!

Comments

• CalinouCalinou Posts: 216Admin Godot Developer
    edited January 15

Looking good! Make sure to enable anisotropic filtering on textures by selecting all of them in the FileSystem dock, going to the Import dock, checking Anisotropic then clicking Reimport. This way, textures won't look blurry when viewed from oblique angles.

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 1,043Admin

Looks great! I'll have to give this a spin later :smile:

• KorosKoros Posts: 12Member

Thanks @Calinou and @TwistedTwigleg

Lot's can be improved in the demo... like the camera for example. Wanted something to perf test Godot - Xenko and as far as I can tell the performance is just about dead even. Xenko has perhaps a bit nicer SSR and maybe smoother camera @ low FPS, even with Vsync. Godot however doesn't make me wait while it "Builds Effects", the changes are reflected immediately. Godot has the performance in our tests. Happy :)

• KorosKoros Posts: 12Member

@Calinou Thanks for the tip! Anisotropic seems to have smoothed out the aliasing in the normal maps too! Lil bit nicer...
    B)