How to edit Pah

miiversmiivers Posts: 2Member

Hello

I am transitioning from Unity3d to Godot and I am fairly new to the engine and its tools. I am trying to figure out how I can edit a Path(3d) from the scene editor. I get how add, remove and close path works but how do you position the points?

How can I move the points?
You can move one point at the time by left clicking and moving the mouse but I would like to move each point with a traditional transformation tool which lets you move in one axis at the time. Is this possible?

Is it possible to move several points at the same time?

Can I type in the position by hand somewhere?

Is the path a bezier curve? If that is the case. How do you display the control points?

Answers

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 1,049Admin
    Answer ✓

@miivers said:
    Hello

I am transitioning from Unity3d to Godot and I am fairly new to the engine and its tools. I am trying to figure out how I can edit a Path(3d) from the scene editor. I get how add, remove and close path works but how do you position the points?

How can I move the points?

You can choose the select mode to move points within a Path3D. The button can be found at the top of the editor:

You can move one point at the time by left clicking and moving the mouse but I would like to move each point with a traditional transformation tool which lets you move in one axis at the time. Is this possible?

This is not doable to the best of my knowledge. It is a shame, as it would make positioning points along the path much easier. This would be a good feature request to add to the GitHub repository though!

Is it possible to move several points at the same time?

Unfortunately, I do not think there is any way to move more than one point at a time. Likewise, this would also be a good feature request!

Can I type in the position by hand somewhere?

I do not think so, unfortunately. I thought you could be looking at the Curve3D in the inspector, but alas it appears you cannot position the points through the inspector.

Is the path a bezier curve? If that is the case. How do you display the control points?

Yes, the path is a bezier curve, as I just found out myself :lol:
    If you hold down the shift button while moving a point, then you can adjust the bezier curve for that point.

Hopefully this helps :smile:

• miiversmiivers Posts: 2Member

I am using the top and left viewport in order to position the points for now but a transform utility would be really nice :smile: