error: 'convert' is not a member of PtrToArg

GrampsGramps Posts: 21Member
edited December 2018 in Programming

I'm working on a module and getting a lot of these errors when compiling. To make matters worse, it doesn't really tell me where the error occurs.

An example of one:

./core/method_bind.gen.inc: In instantiation of 'void MethodBind2R<R, P1, P2>::ptrcall(Object*, const void**, void*) [with R = long unsigned int; P1 = long long unsigned int; P2 = int]':
modules/godotsteam/godotsteam.cpp:3354:1:   required from here
./core/method_bind.gen.inc:1615:66: error: 'convert' is not a member of 'PtrToArg<long long unsigned int>'
In file included from ./core/class_db.h:34:0,
                 from ./core/object.h:777,
                 from modules/godotsteam/godotsteam.h:7,
                 from modules/godotsteam/godotsteam.cpp:1:

Line 3354 is the end of the .cpp file. I'm assuming this particular one is referencing a void method with 2 pointers; one a uint64 and one just an int?

Answers

• GrampsGramps Posts: 21Member
    edited December 2018

Solved it by replacing the CSteamID with uint64.

EDIT: This forum is really janky and I cannot un-set the answer flag. However, this fix does not work and causes the value to be set incorrect. Further more, I only get this compiling error in Linux and not Windows.

• GarromOrcShamanGarromOrcShaman Posts: 190Member

@Gramps said:

EDIT: This forum is really janky and I cannot un-set the answer flag. However, this fix does not work and causes the value to be set incorrect. Further more, I only get this compiling error in Linux and not Windows.

I think forum is fine. Un-answer feature is not exposed to mere mortals because it would allow users to troll others users. We cannot do it but mods can, right @TwistedTwigleg ? Unfortunately, I don't know anything about C but mentioned Twisted Twigleg can. I know that here on forums was engine developer but I can't find him, we should ask him, he must know a lot about both C and engine.

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 1,049Admin
    edited December 2018 Answer ✓

@GarromOrcShaman said:

@Gramps said:

I think forum is fine. Un-answer feature is not exposed to mere mortals because it would allow users to troll others users. We cannot do it but mods can, right @TwistedTwigleg ?

Well... I have good news and bad news:
    The good news is, you’re not missing any features, at least in regards to the QA stuff. The bad news is that there appears to be no way to remove a post as an answer once it has been marked, or if there is, I have not found it just yet.

That said, I’ll keep looking :smile: I agree with @GarromOrcShaman, that the feature probably is not available to normal users in a effort to minimize it being used for spam. If there is an option, then moderators/admins should have access to it and so it is probably just a matter of digging around to find it.

I may be able to fix the problem by converting the thread to a discussion thread and then back to a question thread again, but I do not want to make changes that may break the content within this topic withouot making sure you guys are okay with it first.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about C but mentioned Twisted Twigleg can. I know that here on forums was engine developer but I can't find him, we should ask him, he must know a lot about both C and engine.

Unfortunately I know little C. I do know some C++, but even that is a little rusty as the last time I used it was a year or two ago. I know that Calinou has the Godot developer tag here on the forums, so maybe he would be able to help?

You could also make a issue on the Github repository. I do not know enough C/C++ to say whether the problem you are having is engine related or not, but I do know there are several C/C++ developers there who may be able to help.

But other than that, I’m not sure, sorry!

Edit: Okay, I can officially say I’m an idiot and totally missed the option in a drop down list :lol:
    The answer has now been officially unmarked :smile:

• GarromOrcShamanGarromOrcShaman Posts: 190Member

@TwistedTwigleg said:
    Unfortunately I know little C. I do know some C++, but even that is a little rusty as the last time I used it was a year or two ago. I know that Calinou has the Godot developer tag here on the forums, so maybe he would be able to help?

You could also make a issue on the Github repository. I do not know enough C/C++ to say whether the problem you are having is engine related or not, but I do know there are several C/C++ developers there who may be able to help.

Yeah, you are right. This forum is full of GDScript developers. GitHub is where they rolling Cs. Go to this link and it takes you directly to new issue page on godot repo.

• GrampsGramps Posts: 21Member

Haha, I just now got this. Only needed to un-mark as answer since my answer didn't work. I eventually fixed my issues which was more a C++ thing than Godot; though Godot's output wasn't super handy.

Thanks for the replies, guys!