5. Controller support for the menu as well

It is split into 5 videos

Playlist

Comments

• LeetRuntLeetRunt Posts: 7Member

The new video to create a pause menu has been added to the playlist

Hi everyone

The new video to finish setting up the mute buttons is up and has been added to the playlist

Menu Buttons

Hi everyone, the controller video is uploaded.

Controller

It is the last video for the Menu template.

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 1,003Admin

Very cool stuff, thanks for sharing. :)

• jmiguyjmiguy Posts: 23Member

These tutorials are really helpful. Thanks for making them and sharing them.

I noticed you use the AudioStreamPlayer2D in your tutorial for setting master volume. It didn't work so well for me. When adjusting the master volume using the slider it makes crackling noise. I switched to the AudioStreamPlayer and it seems to work much better, using -60Db for no sound up to 0Db for full sound.

edited November 19

@jmiguy Might you be using linux? Could this issue be related: https://github.com/godotengine/godot/issues/20803

I’m using Windows 10.

edited November 19

Interesting, the above issue seems to have been resolved by a fix to the 3.1 version. Would be mighty positive if you could maybe try out a build from here:
    https://hugo.pro/projects/godot-builds/

and report back if the issue occurs still, however do also note the following:

Projects opened with these nightly builds cannot be opened afterwards using stable 3.0.x builds without manual intervention.
    It is possible to make them work in 3.0.x again by changing config_version=4 to config_version=3 in the project.godot file, but some parts of the project may not load properly.

In any case, be sure to make regular backups of your projects.

So best to test it with a clean new project. Note also that the fix is very recent so I'm not 100% sure if the daily build on there will already be including it, maybe tomorrows build is a safer bet.

I tried it using the build from your site. It was the same result. When I adjust the volume using the slider while using the AudioStreamPlayer2D, it's sometimes noisy, making crackling sounds. It's not terrible, but noticeable, making a game not seem very professional. When I switched it to use the AudioStreamPlayer, there was no crackling noise when using the slider, regardless of how aggressive I'd slide it. It's also louder, which I like.

• CalinouCalinou Posts: 193Admin Godot Developer

Using AudioStreamPlayer for menu sounds makes more sense, since it is not positional, unlike AudioStreamPlayer2D.