Ocean shader - how?
After a few cups and a bottle I started thinking I can't now live without ocean shader. And not another sine-ased wavery things, but something nice. What I want is shader style of GTA SA or Saints Row 2 style shaders.
I started by creating normal maps using Ocean modifier. Maybe I will be able to create albedo texture too this way (or not - some Voronoi shader example probably could give better results and could be baket in 2D viewport for later reuse, or some image downloaded from Internet will do) but now what?
I want the following features implemented:
1. Ocean wawes. Basically done, I use random circular waves using 4 points from uniform, huge sine-based waves and a few smaller ones, normal map intermixed several times with different frequencis, looks almost good. I'd like to see a few more possible tricks though. Would be good if that followed some wind vector which could influence direction.
2. When something/someone floats in water, I want appropriate wavy effect. Basicaly it should create wavy surface of ripple and it should follow what is floating. Especially when people and boats/ships float/sail nearby. Or something is dropped into water.
3. When boats sail fast there should be some huge foamy tail behind them following their course.
4. When raining there should be smaller ripples everywhere.
5. When camera digs below water surface it should see underwater picture (i.e. distorted like in most games with underwater stuff, like I mentioned above (GTA, SR).
I want to use steady approach and increase complexity little by little, where could I read about other people's implementations, articles, stories?