herald of darkness

meinkushmeinkush Posts: 18Member
edited December 2018 in Projects

hello, this is my first game made in godot and i was hoping to show some progress, the game plans on being a dungeon crawler with floors generated the same way as gungeon, i want to add lighting kind of like the one in the old isometric 2d+lighting demo but i'm still learning all the shader stuff, the code is kind of a mess but i'll share it anyways once i'm done with the project. i'm currently working on multiplayer basic coding and will update once i can show that.

Tags :

Comments

• emo10001emo10001 Posts: 121Member

I like those enemies and the way the pop up!

-emo

• meinkushmeinkush Posts: 18Member

@emo10001 said:
    I like those enemies and the way the pop up!

-emo

thanks, they're based on pit people trolls

• aztecsenseiaztecsensei Posts: 77Member

hello, it looks pretty good,i always liked that camera view,it looks kinda 3d to me.
    :)

@aztecsensei said:
    hello, it looks pretty good,i always liked that camera view,it looks kinda 3d to me.
    :)

thanks, i really like that angle too, hope to give it more depth once i've added the shadows

Update

Multiplayer integrated nicely as you can see, for the basic connection it's pretty much the same as the bomber man demo, also tested it on a phone an it connected to the computer version w/o problems.....which was weird, that said now i'll be concentrating on adding path finding for the monster to roam between rooms, making the shader and normal maps which i'm not sure if i can just copy and translate from the demo since i wan't to also add transparency when the light hits the back of a column but still, more on that soon.

also thanks to the admin who moved my post to discussions.

Update
    didn't have time to make functional shaders BUT i did add some content, now rooms can close on command, bashing enemies with the shield actually stuns them and i also added some traps that can be triggered on either touch or using an animation player, all rooms scenes are built independently and get randomly integrated into the same tile map including all children like traps, doors, etc. trough scripting, next update i will show advances on the shader, pinky promise.

• ChimaereJadeChimaereJade Posts: 21Member
    edited September 2018

Hey there,
    this is looking really cool! I'm just new to godot (come from GMS2, and much years of rpg maker series) and want to create an isometric game too. I was allready looking for different tutorials but didn't found much which explains all the solid basics needed.

Because you mentioned that you want to share your code at the end:
    Do you have any ideas where to start or could even create an little tutorial which covers all, from importing isometric-tilesets (the demoproject just covers the movement for me because I need pixelperfect fitting tiles) over movement and an little action-battle-system? :)

Even if this is not possible I will indeed follow this thread - cheers!

I did a lot of steps since my first post. Hopefully you will find some time to make progress and show it of because I'm still pretty interested in your project. We need more isometric stuff! :D

hello @ChimaereJade sorry for the late response, so basically this was a project i got in while i was looking for a job after i graduated and i kind of abandon it right after i got hired, i've been trying to get back to it but it's just hard with the actual paying projects, i'm uploading the source as it is today here and since i'm not the most avid in the art of "commenting the code" i added some stuff in the readme file to help give an idea of what was happening there, anyone wanting to use that you're free to do so and i'm happy to answer any questions you guys might have.

• ChimaereJadeChimaereJade Posts: 21Member

Hey @meinkush ,
    thank you VERY much for giving an insight into your project! There are some really cool mechanics allready included and I'm sure I will learn alot from this. Maybe you will find some time to work further on this - art and gameplay are a very solid base I think.

I wish you much sucess with your actual project and thank you again! :)