Low poly Metroid like

MagicLordMagicLord Posts: 578Unconfirmed
edited June 13 in Projects

Hi there,

This is metroid like action exploration game, the game will feature secrets areas and bonus, peacefull and hostile creatures.
The game will require combat strategy, and abilities upgrade to progress through the levels.

METROID.gif

Why low poly ?
Because the game does not try to be realistic, with low poly i can move , scale model faces to make new ones without needing to do UV seams again.

Comments

• aztecsenseiaztecsensei Posts: 65Member

its this some sort of "metroid prime"?right?

• MagicLordMagicLord Posts: 578Unconfirmed
    edited June 13

@aztecsensei said:
    its this some sort of "metroid prime"?right?

Yes, inter connected maps , different weapons, upgrades to reach locked levels.
    Some non hostile creatures

• agameraaronagameraaron Posts: 27Member

I share aztecsensei's confusion in that you are calling it a 'metroid-like' when it is much more like the spin-off series of Metroid Prime in that you are exploring a 3D environment from the first person, something no traditional Metroid games do. When I hear a game is like 'Metroid' I would think like original Metroid, Super, Fusion or the new Samus Returns.

edited June 23

@agameraaron said:
    I share aztecsensei's confusion in that you are calling it a 'metroid-like' when it is much more like the spin-off series of Metroid Prime in that you are exploring a 3D environment from the first person, something no traditional Metroid games do. When I hear a game is like 'Metroid' I would think like original Metroid, Super, Fusion or the new Samus Returns.

You just missed the best Metroid.

There is no confusion , this is a 3D exploration combat game, whatever the name is ;)
    Many times people refer to MetroidVania because of exploration unlocking with new abilities and upgrades.

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 701Admin

@MagicLord said:

Ah, good memories! I loved playing Metroid Prime! The second was not quite as good in my opinion, and I can't remember if I played the third (if I did, it was obviously not very memorable :lol: )

The game looks great @MagicLord! I can definitely see the Metroid Prime vibe. I'm looking forward to seeing this progress!

edited June 23

@TwistedTwigleg said:

@MagicLord said:

Ah, good memories! I loved playing Metroid Prime! The second was not quite as good in my opinion, and I can't remember if I played the third (if I did, it was obviously not very memorable :lol: )

The game looks great @MagicLord! I can definitely see the Metroid Prime vibe. I'm looking forward to seeing this progress!

I agree Metroid Prime first is an amazing game with a great atmosphere, unlike lot of fps games Metroid is not focused 100% on figthing, it proposes lot of discovery and lot of wonderfull exploration.

I don't know if it will really capture the Metroid vide, but i'll do my best to make it enjoyable ;)

@MagicLord said:

yeah,right.
    i played this game like 12 yrs ago on my cube,what a great experience!!
    and the music oh my god,definitely one of my fav game of all time.
    :D
    i guess MagicLord got inspired by that guy who made a metroid clone in unity3d,take a look:

[

@MagicLord said:

It's not like it wasn't obvious what you were going for once I see screenshots, however when you said a 'Metroid-like', it seems a bit misleading to not mention it's specifically a "Metroid Prime-like". Also Metroid Prime is really good, but it's no Super Metroid.

edited June 23

@aztecsensei said:

@MagicLord said:

i guess MagicLord got inspired by that guy who made a metroid clone in unity3d,take a look:

First time i see this game, it looks good and plays well.
    Instead i seen this remake before

Or this one in third person mode

The game i'm making is not really Metroid, weapon will be different and no morph ball, but something different.
    I wish i will be able to do something as good as those demos.

@agameraaron said:

@MagicLord said:

It's not like it wasn't obvious what you were going for once I see screenshots, however when you said a 'Metroid-like', it seems a bit misleading to not mention it's specifically a "Metroid Prime-like". Also Metroid Prime is really good, but it's no Super Metroid.

Metroid Prime is The Metroid , with more gameplay , more details, more variety , more background and more immersion than any 2D Metroid. I guess you're a big fan of 2D games ;)

edited June 24

If you're primarily going demean my own opinion and treat your own like it's a fact, then I don't think we can have a productive conversation. I love Super Metroid for a hell of a lot more reasons, but I don't think you're willing discuss the pros and cons of each when you jump to conclusions like I could only like it more because I'm 'a big fan of 2D games'.

I also don't want to detract from your thread. As a fellow fan of Metroid Prime, I greatly look forward to whatever you're making and can only encourage you to succeed. Nothing wrong with more games inspired by Metroid of any kind.

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 887Admin

@agameraaron said:
    I also don't want to detract from your thread. As a fellow fan of Metroid Prime, I greatly look forward to whatever you're making and can only encourage you to succeed. Nothing wrong with more games inspired by Metroid of any kind.

Then why not just start with that the next time. ;)

edited June 24

I didn't do things the nicest, but I tried and more importantly... I've got video game opinions to defend!! :tongue:

edited June 24

@agameraaron said:
    If you're primarily going demean my own opinion and treat your own like it's a fact, then I don't think we can have a productive conversation. I love Super Metroid for a hell of a lot more reasons, but I don't think you're willing discuss the pros and cons of each when you jump to conclusions like I could only like it more because I'm 'a big fan of 2D games'.

@agameraaron said:
    I didn't do things the nicest, but I tried and more importantly... I've got video game opinions to defend!! :tongue:

This thread "Projects" is not about who is right about what is the best game or how someone should name or describe their game :D

Your prefered Metroid is Snes one, while my prefered one is the Gamecube's one ;)

That's cool mate, you got good tastes. I respect that and I am looking forward to your game!

edited July 7

It's a defensive creature, get close to it and it will launch an electric wave jamming your weapons and helmet view, and slowing your movement during some time.
    This leads to dangerous situations when there is offensive creatures near by.

edited July 8

The new little residents :)

Normal maps adds lot of depth to texture instead of flat polygons, it's more work but it's worth it.

• emo10001emo10001 Posts: 121Member

Looking good @MagicLord ! Keep it up

-emo

nice models! hope to see some gameplay soon.
    cheers.

edited July 11

@aztecsensei said:
    cheers.

Like some other people i always start with graphics first, gameplay comes after the level first pass is done.

@MagicLord said:

@aztecsensei said:
    cheers.

Like some other people i always start with graphics first, gameplay comes after the level first pass is done.

of course! :p ,Keep it up
    :)

edited September 15

Walls avoidance for weapons in action (no animation blending)

This is the setup

• sioncosionco Posts: 40Member

It looks good!