Fiddling with forum theme.

MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 1,087Admin
edited May 2018 in Forum Chat

What i have on localhost so far:

Comments

• keltwookiekeltwookie Posts: 213Member
    edited May 2018

Nice !
    Should it be possible to plan also a darker theme? I must admit I have pain sometimes with all white stuff

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 1,087Admin

Well, this one at least is mostly gray, albeit only slightly, but as I posted in the lounge, essentially yes. Tricky part might be to make a plugin for the forum so that the custom_light/dark.css would be user selectable. But as fallback I can always make a userstyles.org css that can be used with a browser addon such as stylus.

• NeoDNeoD Posts: 148Member
    edited May 2018

It can be a good trade-off to color only the text box, in a soft grey.
    As instance, the right text box in the Google traduction page.

@NeoD said:
    It can be a good trade-off to color only the text box, in a soft grey.

Do you mean the form-box for inserting text(typing up a post)?

• NeoDNeoD Posts: 148Member

In my previous post, I mean the rectangles who contains the post, date, avatar, and so on... not the text editor. If the surrounding color of the web page is white, it is not a big deal, because my eyes are focused on the text in his grey box who limits the contrast, and high contrast hurts.

But after a second look your proposal, is very decent because it's not totally white.

edited May 2018

@NeoD said:
    In my previous post, I mean the rectangles who contains the post, date, avatar, and so on... not the text editor. If the surrounding color of the web page is white, it is not a big deal, because my eyes are focused on the text in his grey box who limits the contrast, and high contrast hurts.

But after a second look your proposal, is very decent because it's not totally white.

Ah, that, yeah I've been thinking of experimenting with something like that, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

To be more specific I'm thinking of making it show up on hover somewhat like how the post hovered by the cursor gets a highlight in the current theme.

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file