Searching artist for 2d RTS game

henrihenri Posts: 3Member

I need artist who can create fantasy character (elf,orcs)

Tagged:

Tags :

Answers

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 1,059Admin

What specifically do you want and how much can you afford to pay for the work done, if any. Also, have you checked opengameart.org for an example?

• henrihenri Posts: 3Member

Troll and nothing for pay im creating free open source game

Cool, always best to add such details to raise the chance of finding someone interested. Now do you have any artwork thats already created because the art should be consistent.

Here is a troll I think looks pretty cool found on opengameart.org:
    https://opengameart.org/content/trolls

But again whether it fits in with the rest of your games artwork I can't really know since I'm not psychic.

• SeaFishelleSeaFishelle Posts: 39Member

If you're not going to pay people, you should probably mention that up-front, and not use the "professional trade" tag.

And as @TwistedTwigleg said, if you're trying to bring people in on your project, use as much detail as possible. People don't want to work for someone that isn't going to fully explain what they need, because they have no idea what to expect to have to do. Artists need details, especially if you want specific art done.

edited May 2018

@SeaFishelle said:
    If you're not going to pay people, you should probably mention that up-front, and not use the "professional trade" tag.

No, pro-bono work is still professional trade.

• SeaFishelleSeaFishelle Posts: 39Member

@Megalomaniak said:

@SeaFishelle said:

No, pro-bono work is still professional trade.

Oh, my mistake.

• GarromOrcShamanGarromOrcShaman Posts: 184Member

Hey man. Try to add some informations.
    * Requested resolution
    * What animations you need(how many/what attacks and/or spells)
    * What art style
    * Link to project(if developing of your game going fine and game looks promising, more people may wish to help)
    I'm hobbyist pixel artist, my specialization is low-res retro looking 2d and low res voxel art 3d. If you fill these minimal details and style you looking for is pixel art, I may join.