Having trouble with the 'Design a GUI Layout' tutorial.

PsychotropicDogPsychotropicDog Posts: 5Member

The one from 'step by step' in the docs.
v3.0.2.stable.official

Custom Font
I saved the Font in the drop down. Not sure why but clicking the []Font to the left of the drop down causes the chosen font to disappear.

On my 2nd attempt, as I copy 'Count' the original Count's size jumps.

Center the bomb - the illustrated node tree looks nothing like the reality, and later reverts to what is expected. Who knows what is going on, other than to move the bomb icon (later I tried moving Counter>Rect>Position x from 0-25, which worked) - this has nothing to do with Anchors and the instructions.

'expanding' bars does nothing.

EnergyBar - trying to change the size of this is like playing that climb the mountain game.

By the time I got to the end of the tut, with my GUI NOT aligned with the mock up, my enthusiasm is quite low.

Answers

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 701Admin

By the time I got to the end of the tut, with my GUI NOT aligned with the mock up, my enthusiasm is quite low

I can see why that would be frustrating.

Have you looked at the finished project, in the end folder? Perhaps there is stuff/settings in the finished project that were not mentioned in the tutorial. It’s possible whoever wrote the tutorial forgot a step or two, something I can say from experience is easy to do :smile:

If something is missing, we should add it to the documentation so the next person doesn’t have the same issue(s) in the future.

• PsychotropicDogPsychotropicDog Posts: 5Member

I did not look at the end folder. Searching the issue reveals a reddit with a similar level of grrr.
    I'll just try different tuts for a bit and hope something sinks in by osmosis.