Current state godot tutorial 3.0

Vale-gitVale-git Posts: 60Member

Hi,
I start to read the current godot 3.0 tutorial and I feel that it is in some part not clear even for people who have some experience in game engines..

eg.:
- same paragraphs explain a subject and after that I see a picture that is not related and it not have any reference in documentation.
- same paragraphs need some visual explanation how to do it in step-by step.
- I think what is missing is something "no skilled user oriented" approach. With lots of picture and less of text. (We say 1 picture value 1000 word... :wink: - )
- who did the current documentation assumed all users are already expert in some way...

Any chance to change the current approach?

Thank you.

Comments

• Vale-gitVale-git Posts: 60Member

Still no answer at this tread. Until who is in charge don't decide to change approach godot game engine remain something for few insiders.
    Look this:
    This is the current state of 90% of godot documentation.
    Question whats the point to have this thing called "@NativeScript" ??? Honestly.
    How you can say that is a "stable" documentation WHEN is NOT finished? Don't make me laugh. It is not even in "alpha".

Thank you for don't understand what is the basic.

We love the concept of "mit" and the other concept behind godot project. But is doomed too be NOT used from other people rater than you developer team.

• NeoDNeoD Posts: 145Member

It's the downside of free and community driven software. It relies on contribution from volunteers.

• kryzmakkryzmak Posts: 78Member

Stable in this case does not mean that this documentation is finished. It means that this documentation is for the stable (currently 3.0) version of godot.