This is a way to add code to a comment

memzenmemzen Posts: 16Member

A way to add code that looks better is to paste the code text between < pre class="prettyprint"> and < /pre>, but leave no space after "<".

< pre class="prettyprint">
some code
< /pre>

Example:

some code

Answers

• KioriKiori Posts: 246Member

You can use ``` at the beginning and end of the code, or select the text you wanna format, click on the paragraph(format) icon, and click on "code".

• memzenmemzen Posts: 16Member

Thanks. OK, I understand. The options under the paragraph icon look like one word: QuoteCodeSpoiler. So when I clicked on Quote and didn't get the format I wanted I thought there was no other option. Maybe this menu could be changed so that each of the 3 options is on its own line in the menu.

• KioriKiori Posts: 246Member

@memzen said:
    Maybe this menu could be changed so that each of the 3 options is on its own line in the menu.

Yes, it was exactly like that, i actually had fixed this a long while back, to avoid this exact problem.
    But recently there was an update to the forum software(and upgrade to php7, etc) and I forgot to re-apply this edit in particular. I just haven't gotten around addressing this yet, I will as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file