Vehicle physics tutorial (3.0 beta)

SammySammy Posts: 14Member

Hi can some one point me in the direction of a 3D vehicle tutorial using Godots vehiclebody node the manual is full of blank entries?

Answers

• ZireaelZireael Posts: 28Member

I don't think there is a Godot vehicle body tutorial but it's an almost 1:1 copy of Bullet's vehicle implementation - with some google-fu one can find a pdf describing the Bullet vehicle physics.

• SammySammy Posts: 14Member
    edited December 6

That's not really much help as the Bullet terminology is specific to Bullet, the Godot implementation is specific to the original Godot physics API(Even though 3.0 is Bullet underneath). I'm not getting anything to work following the 2.0 docs though, so I suspect there are subtle differences in the 3.0 implementation.

TBH I was just looking for some a simple vehicle project that works with 3.0 Beta 1 if possible. I don't need anything sophisticated just 4 wheels and body, which is steerable.

• ZireaelZireael Posts: 28Member
    Answer ✓

In that case feel free to look at my project: https://github.com/Zireael07/FreeRoamRoguelikeRacerPrototype

There is a 3.0 branch you can try which is the 2.1 project exported to 3.0
    I took most vehicle settings from the 2.1. truck town demo which isn't available for 3.0 AFAIK.

• SammySammy Posts: 14Member
    Answer ✓

Thank you Zireael that's exactly what I needed! :)