Godot store and commercial plugins

rraallvvrraallvv Posts: 6Member

Hey community!

I was wondering whether there is such thing as an online store for stuff related to Godot and what are your thoughts on allowing commercial plugins.

I'm asking because with GDNative it's only a matter of time before we see commercial plugins available for Godot, so it's better to have already some infrastructure compatible with those things.

Maybe it could accept only cryptocurrencies to avoiding fees.

Also it could ask for a percentage on each transaction, for infrastructure maintenance and such.

Please let know what you think.

Cheers!

Tagged:

Tags :

Comments

• CalinouCalinou Posts: 74Admin Godot Developer

I was wondering whether there is such thing as an online store for stuff related to Godot

I don't know of any yet, however, facilities may be set up in the future for third-party asset stores (such as making them accessible from the editor at the user's discretion).

I'm asking because with GDNative it's only a matter of time before we see commercial plugins available for Godot, so it's better to have already some infrastructure compatible with those things.

The official asset library has no plans of providing commercial assets, because of legal and ethical issues around them (Godot's funds are managed by the Software Freedom Conservancy, which is a nonprofit organization).

• rraallvvrraallvv Posts: 6Member

@Calinou said:
    I don't know of any yet, however, facilities may be set up in the future for third-party asset stores (such as making them accessible from the editor at the user's discretion).

I see... that would require some API to handle login and authorization too.

@Calinou said:
    The official asset library has no plans of providing commercial assets, because of legal and ethical issues around them (Godot's funds are managed by the Software Freedom Conservancy, which is a nonprofit organization).

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look to their policies.