Speech to Text module for Godot 2.1.3/2.1.4

SamuraiSigmaSamuraiSigma Posts: 6Member
edited September 28 in Resources

Hello, fellow Godot developers.

I've developed a Speech to Text (STT) module for Godot as part of my CS Supervised Undergraduate Project, and I'd like to share it with the community. It's been successfully tested on Godot 2.1.3 and 2.1.4.

Speech to text is done internally through the open source Pocketsphinx library, which is part of the CMUSphinx project.

Currently, the module only works on the following platforms:

• Unix systems that have PulseAudio or ALSA support;
  • Windows (new in v1.1).

Download Links

For more details and instructions, including documentation, usage and building, check out the README.md file in the repository.

As a bonus, I've made a simple game, Color Clutter, to demonstrate the module's capabilities. If you're interested, check out the discussion here, on this forum.

Feel free to send any suggestions or make comments. :)

Tags :

Comments

• 1000h1000h Posts: 110Member
    edited September 27

Edited: would appreciate some kind of link to a pre-built godot.exe (i use windows) with the module included, to save me a step 'n' all

havent checked it out yet, but this definitely sounds impressive, going to look now

• SamuraiSigmaSamuraiSigma Posts: 6Member
    edited September 28

@1000h said:
    Edited: would appreciate some kind of link to a pre-built godot.exe (i use windows) with the module included, to save me a step 'n' all

I've updated the main post with links to releases in my Speech to Text repository.
    You'll now find pre-built binaries and export templates there, so please check it out! :blush:

And good news for all Windows users: Speech to Text v1.1 now works on it!

• djleodjleo Posts: 3Member

I couldn't get it to recognise any words, except sometimes 'start'. Maybe a problem with the default mic?

• SamuraiSigmaSamuraiSigma Posts: 6Member

@djleo said:
    I couldn't get it to recognise any words, except sometimes 'start'. Maybe a problem with the default mic?

I'd need some more information to pinpoint the problem and help you out:

1. From your answer, I suppose you were running a Color Clutter binary? If not, in what context did the recognition fail?
    2. What OS and its version are you using? Is it 32 or 64 bits?
    3. If you have more than one mic connected, did you test all of them?