Future of the "Library"

AkienAkien Posts: 75Godot Leader

The last post in the "Library" category was in August 2016, while we were lacking a proper platform to manage the translation effort.

Nowadays translations are managed on Weblate, so I think the Library is not so useful anymore.

Should we repurpose it, or archive it?

Comments

• KioriKiori Posts: 234Admin
    edited August 18

I think it can be safely archived. Its served it's purpose back in the day.

If it is important to have this information, we can opt for sticky posts or similar somewhere in the forum, with broad information like "how to contribute" which would include linking the weblate project.

• AkienAkien Posts: 75Godot Leader

Indeed. Such a sticky post could link to http://docs.godotengine.org/en/latest/community/contributing/ which should be the entry point for all contributors - I still need to write a page about the translation workflow there though.

Looks great, apart from this line:

Please be descriptive in the title of your "issue" to help the devs triage your issue as a 'feature request' or a 'bug report'.

Actually I really don't like when people title their issue as "[bug]" or "[Feature Request] [3.0]". It's good that the issue title is descriptive, the content should be too - then the bug triagers are clever enough to decide for themselves if it's a bug report or a feature request and add the relevant label accordingly.

Other projects have different policies, but for Godot we like to have issue titles without manually tags, and keep the metadata as labels.

• KioriKiori Posts: 234Admin

@Akien said:
    Looks great, apart from this line:

Other projects have different policies, but for Godot we like to have issue titles without manually tags, and keep the metadata as labels.

Yeah i feel the same that's why there are tags in the forum and not [THIS HERE] :smiley:
    I actually had to police posts and manually edit them for a while when the forum got launched, until they got used to tags.

That said, i didn't have that understanding from the statement I wrote. To me that line means exactly what you described.
    As in being descriptive and sharp to help the devs decide, not to tell them what it is.

I re-worded it to address that possible interpretation.
    Tell me if you feel it's better now, and feel free to edit/suggests further re-writes if you deem necessary.
    ;)

It's perfect now, thanks :)