Godot Multiplayer Demo error

DonnieBDonnieB Posts: 2Member
edited July 2017 in Programming

Hello all,

I want to test the Godot Multiplayer Demo. So i imported to my Godot and press Play but it dont start the Game with this Error:

# Server receives this from players that have just connected
     remote func user_ready(id, player_name):
        # Only the server can run this!
        if(get_tree().is_network_server()):
            # If we are ingame, add player to session, else send to lobby   
            if(has_node("/root/world")):
                rpc_id(id, "register_in_game")
            else:
                rpc_id(id, "register_at_lobby")

Parser Error: Unexpected token: Identifier:remote

How can i fix this?
Thanks all>

Tagged:

Tags :

Answers

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 858Admin

The error message is saying it doesn't recognize the token/keyword 'remote'. This is probably because you are using a version of Godot that does not have the new high level multiplayer API. The new multiplayer API only works on Godot 3 and Godot 2.2 legacy, so I would suggest using one of them if you are not already, and that should fix the error.

• DonnieBDonnieB Posts: 2Member

Hi Twisted,

Thanks for the fast answer. But Godot3 ist just upcoming or? And a download for 2.2 i dont find anywhere ... i downloaded the last stable release

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 858Admin

@DonnieB said:
    Hi Twisted,

Thanks for the fast answer. But Godot3 ist just upcoming or? And a download for 2.2 i dont find anywhere ... i downloaded the last stable release

Hello!

I'm a little confused on what you're asking, but I'll do my best to answer.

I think (and this is based on my interpretation) your asking if Godot 3 coming?
    Yes, Godot 3 is being actively developed. I think Godot 3 will be ready for release in 2-6 months.
    (I'm not a Godot developer though! I could be completely wrong!)

As far as finding a 2.2 download, you could have download it through the second link found here.

However, it seems the 2.2 download is no longer available. You download and compile from source though!
    You just need to download the 2.2 source from github and compile following the instructions in the documentation.

• RukiriRukiri Posts: 58Member

2.2 was never released was to originally ship with visual scripting and possibly C#, and then 3.0 happened. 3.0 I hear is pretty stable so you could start development now, but since it's actively in development do expect bugs if you recompile every few weeks or in my case once a week.