Updating Scene Resources

1000h1000h Posts: 133Member

I am currently making a large map that I want to be able to go back and tweak, add things, but I also want the entire thing to be imported as a collada directly from blender.

When you export a collada and overwrite an identically named collada, it replaces everything in the scene with the new collada file data.

Is there some way to export the file so it only adds stuff that is new to the scene instead of just replacing everything inside the scene?

The one exception that seems to be is that if one of the objects has a material texture, that material texture data seems not to be overwritten, and things like 'unshaded' and different check boxes stay checked how they were.

Tagged:

Tags :

Answers

• keltwookiekeltwookie Posts: 172Moderator
    edited February 2017

Hi

Maybe it is not the answer you expected but...

-I experienced the same thing importing *.dae from Blender, even with another game engine. So maybe I'm wrong, but I think the guilty is not Godot but could be the Collada exporter.

-If I'm not wrong once again, the import system will be enhanced for 3.0

• The only solution I found is to import basic scenes, with simple animations (ie: rotating objects), then add one by one *.obj files (this one works like a dream). To be honnest, all I do with Blender is models (with detached parts if needed) and textures. I reserve animations, shaders and FXs for Godot.

EDIT:

I didn't know but there is a new version of the Collada exporter released 16 days ago (check here). Once installed, look at the bottom of the scene properties into Blender, several options are available. So what I typed above could be absolutely irrelevant, sorry

• NeoDNeoD Posts: 130Member

D> @keltwookie said:

Hi

Maybe it is not the answer you expected but...

-I experienced the same thing importing *.dae from Blender, even with another game engine. So maybe I'm wrong, but I think the guilty is not Godot but could be the Collada exporter.

-If I'm not wrong once again, the import system will be enhanced for 3.0

• The only solution I found is to import basic scenes, with simple animations (ie: rotating objects), then add one by one *.obj files (this one works like a dream). To be honnest, all I do with Blender is models (with detached parts if needed) and textures. I reserve animations, shaders and FXs for Godot.

EDIT:

I didn't know but there is a new version of the Collada exporter released 16 days ago (check here). Once installed, look at the bottom of the scene properties into Blender, several options are available. So what I typed above could be absolutely irrelevant, sorry

It is possible to make 3D skeletal animation in Godot without exporting one from Blender ?