My first tries with Godot and Blender

2»

Comments

• keltwookiekeltwookie Posts: 131Moderator

Hello Bishop

Well, the less I can say is that each time I ask, you provide a lot of informations. Many, many thanks for this.

2....use multimesh instance

Yes, I already saw tuts about this, and it appears one of the best solutions to save resources.
    About the other options, I have to search a bit more the pros and cons.
    But what is particularily interresting is the procedural spawning. I recently saw a video about this and in case of mining operations (yes, a feature I want to implement), it looks like it is THE solution.

edited December 2017

4th part (create a planet texture) of the Blender tutorial completed and available here

edited February 7

Another example of what is possible to do with nodes only. Yet another planet, but I'm a bit proud of this one. Indeed, the first try was... really, really ugly !

edited February 7

Like Bishop, I definitively must buy a new pc: 3 hours for rendering this (very) short animation:

For precision, It is an intro which will be added into a future flythrough and trailers for my project.

BTW, I got a question:

No promises but I would want to try to make a splash screen/short animation for the Godot Engine. To see what I mean: In all video games and films, you always have an animation about
    1. The studio
    2. The editor
    3. The production company
    etc.

So my question would be: Is there somewhere a 3D model (+ texture) of the Godot mascot available?
    Of course the final animation would be released freely to the community

Completely out of topic, but I would want to share what I just discovered while browsing Artstation.com
    It is about Mister Eddie Del Rio, concept artist at Lucasfilm. Included, some reflexions/advices about art.
    Enjoy !
    https://magazine.artstation.com/2018/02/eddie-del-rio/