My first tries with Godot and Blender

keltwookiekeltwookie Posts: 34Member
edited February 20 in Art & Design

The first picture is a screenshot of my first scene in Godot and yes, a few things are missing: Normal maps and FXs for ship thrusters (waiting for Godot 3.0...hehe). I would add that I never found an easiest way to build a cubemap/skybox :)

A Blender rendering:

Rendered into Blender for the same reasons as above, indeed, to have a nice hologram FX, I have to use shaders, and Godot 3.0 will provide us a more modern system...if I'm not wrong of course.

Backup, comments, questions and especially advices are really welcome

Tags :

Comments

• KioriKiori Posts: 199Admin

Use Tags instead of title names. Makes it all clean and searchable.

• keltwookiekeltwookie Posts: 34Member

I did not notice there was a WIP tag, sorry and thanks for reminding

NP, I just added a Design and Modelling tags. Maybe modelling suits this post also(optional).

Done :)
    Off topic: THis tag system is a really very good invention. It allow users to directly find what they want without spending hours browsing forums...great !.

@keltwookie said:
    Done :)
    Off topic: THis tag system is a really very good invention. It allow users to directly find what they want without spending hours browsing forums...great !.

Yeah this was my way of adding sub categories without cluttering the forums with endless pits of clicking. :smiley:

edited March 14

A spaceship corridor:

By the way, I would recommend this page about "Index of refractions", very usefull if modelers are looking for the most realistic renderings:

http://www.pixelandpoly.com/ior.html