Preá Adventure

Shin-NiLShin-NiL Posts: 116Moderator
edited February 19 in Projects

My little proof of concept adventure game. First time using Godot Tilemaps.

https://shin-nil.itch.io/pre-adventure

Tagged:

Tags :

Comments

• 1000h1000h Posts: 116Member

Hey man charming graphics, also the top down pit is interesting. Is this a cat or a bug or something?

• KioriKiori Posts: 236Admin
    edited October 2016

its a Preá. :smiley:

• Shin-NiLShin-NiL Posts: 116Moderator

@Kiori said:
    its a Preá. :smiley:

Indeed :smile:

• camelCasecamelCase Posts: 8Member

Hello, Nilton! By your name and "preá", I assume you're brazilian like me. Am I right? >.< Nice little thing you came up with. Do you have a twitter account or something which I can follow? I wish to see more of this. :smiley:

By the way, you could add some shadows to the sprites to make them look better and even activate the "half offset" property of the tilemap if it doesn't break the gameplay somehow. There's not much information here and on itch.io to get us to know where it's headed... maybe a puzzle game or what? (Note: I can't play it right now).

Still, looks good. Good luck with this!

Hello, camelCase. Yes, I'm Brazilian. It's good to see so many people from Brazil using Godot :D

What the "half offset" property does? I'm reading the docs, but it's not clear to me.
    About the shadows, I'm afraid I can't do too much as I'm really bad drawing things. None of the assets was made by me :(
    The game's genre is not too easy to define in this early stage, I think is something like Puzzle/Adventure.

Thanks for the comments, my friend. You can reach me at https://twitter.com/Shin_NiL

• super_turbosuper_turbo Posts: 28Member

I'm Brazilian too! Is Godot the new Orkut? hahahaha
    Nice project! The graphics have a very cool style.

• camelCasecamelCase Posts: 8Member

@Shin-NiL you could have tested on the editor to see. :relieved: Basically it does this:

This is the regular tilemap and, as you can see, the trees are tiled:

Now, the same tilemap with half offset activated:

It gets the tiles and shift them, but not every column (or row, if you choose x instead of y). One yes, the next, not, then the next, yes, etc...

Just followed you on Twitter!

@super_turbo We should totally reunite and dominate the world and talk about Godot, or gamedev in general. :smiley:

edited October 2016

Wow, thanks for the explanation, it's a nice effect indeed.

Just saw your project, it's awesome! I love Final Fantasy Tactics too :smiley:

I'm following you, I hope we can change experiences.

@super_turbo said:
    I'm Brazilian too! Is Godot the new Orkut? hahahaha

I hope we don't break this too. huehue br lol

• VandalkVandalk Posts: 12Member

Hey another Brazilian starting to learn godot here! Nice to meet you all!