Main web page improvement

SammySammy Posts: 14Member

Just a small thing but for quite a while I could not see, and most probably a lot of visitors, could not see the links to Features, Downloads, Community etc. located at the top of the main page. They are almost camouflaged with a black font against a blue background. A small change in the colour scheme in this case would make the view ability much better IMHO.

Comments

• KioriKiori Posts: 246Member

@Sammy
    You are referring to the color layout of the main page at: https://godotengine.org/ correct?

• SammySammy Posts: 14Member

Yes, that's the page Kiori. It's not a big issue but it may help new visitors if the links were a little more obvious. It's a small issue on an otherwise very well designed website.

Well, I'm not the dev of the official website, gd.org is developed independently, but before i send this information forward i have to ask.
    What are you talking about?

When i visit the website i have this:

Bottom

You said black font in blue background but i just don't see it.(It would look terrible though)
    Please clarify so i know what to tell the next person.

Ok, I don't see that, I'm using an iPad Pro and the Safari browser. The white background bar is completely missing and the black font is has only the blue underlying layer as a background.

@Sammy said:
    Ok, I don't see that, I'm using an iPad Pro and the Safari browser. The white background bar is completely missing and the black font is has only the blue underlying layer as a background.

Alright, I'll see what i can do to help.

Thanks Kiori, here's a screenshot to help with the evaluation of the problem...

• PaulMurrayPaulMurray Posts: 26Member

You should see a 'hamburger menu' icon in the top right that will allow you to expand the links. I actually design and occasionally develop websites for a living, and constantly seem to be running into menu issues with iOs. Clients complain about problems that I just can't seem to replicate, so it's unlikely this issue was missed through a lack of testing.

On a side note, I think the site would benefit from a more prominent, quicker introduction to the features to 'wow' potential users straight away. It offers a lot of the same key features and functionality that Unity does but with an easier learning curve. That's a big selling point, plus it's open source.