A Networking category?

TyboboboTybobobo Posts: 33Member
I foresee that in the not-too-far future, multiplayer support and discussions for Godot will increase. Probably a lot.
Just recently Godot received a high level networking API support (which is great, by the way!), that surely will make the transition to multiplayer game development easier.

Since most of my game plans will consists of multiplayer support, having a lot of resources available, and a dedicated place to post these resources will be important.

Having a Networking category early (now) on would go a long way. :)

Just look how welcoming this is:

Tags :

Answers

• KioriKiori Posts: 184Admin
    Answer ✓
    I moved this to forum chat where it belongs.

The Programming category is meant to encompass most things that you do in godot, since most of core stuff is just programming.
    The other cats 2d,gui,3d, shaders, exist out of tradition and because they are big pockets that grab a bunch of stuff in them(anim, physics, etc). Shaders are also there because they are to broad to not have a specific category, you have 2d-ish focussed, 3d-ish, etc. It's limitless.
    There are other reasons also.
    Networking being a core component is strictly programming.
    Tags are like subcategories, and we already have a Networking tag for that.
    We will be keeping the categories to a minimum and utilize tags for most other needs.

If at any time you wanna find any Networking specific topics simply click on the networking tag.
  • TyboboboTybobobo Posts: 33Member

@Kiori said:
    I moved this to forum chat where it belongs.

The Programming category is meant to encompass most things that you do in godot, since most of core stuff is just programming.
    The other cats 2d,gui,3d, shaders, exist out of tradition and because they are big pockets that grab a bunch of stuff in them(anim, physics, etc). Shaders are also there because they are to broad to not have a specific category, you have 2d-ish focussed, 3d-ish, etc. It's limitless.
    There are other reasons also.
    Networking being a core component is strictly programming.
    Tags are like subcategories, and we already have a Networking tag for that.
    We will be keeping the categories to a minimum and utilize tags for most other needs.

If at any time you wanna find any Networking specific topics simply click on the networking tag.

I am unable to find a "Filter" system that allows me to search up topics that use the Networking tag. Perhaps I am missing it?

Answer ✓

Side panel, Subcategory Tags, click on Networking. I even changed the naming scheme a bit to make it more explicit.

Actually if you simply click on any tag anywhere it also brings the lists of posts, that's the magic of the system.