Physics 2D Plattformer

chimera_warriorchimera_warrior Posts: 5Member
edited August 2016 in 2D
Hi, I was following the tutorials to make a plattformer game, and I've encountered the problem that the character flies when it's walking on a slope.  I've seen the plattformer demo, and there  is a comment in the player script : <br />
# -Going up ramps sends the chracter flying up, small hack is needed.
<br /><br />How can I solve that?<br /><br />
Tagged:

Tags :

Comments

• MarkMark Posts: 16Member
    Which tutorial specifically?
  • RossRoss Posts: 199Member
    That line is in the character script of the 2D platformer demo, last I checked.
  • chimera_warriorchimera_warrior Posts: 5Member
    Yeah, in the platformer tutorial, the one with the litle robot<br /><br />
    on 1467938688:
    <br />That line is in the character script of the 2D platformer demo, last I checked. <br />
    <br /><br />But I couldn't find it
  • MarkMark Posts: 16Member
    I am assuming the one you are talking about is entitled "Platformer".<br /><br />I have loaded it, played it for a bit, then had a look at the character code and couldnt replicate the issue not see the comment you mentioned.  :-(
    on 1468412372:
    <br />I am assuming the one you are talking about is entitled "Platformer".<br /><br />I have loaded it, played it for a bit, then had a look at the character code and couldnt replicate the issue not see the comment you mentioned.  :-(<br />
    <br /><br />That is the problem, I think the comment is not useful, I cannot find the piece of code to make the appropiate walking in the slopes, and it's a shame because I liked the engine
  • RossRoss Posts: 199Member
    Yeah, I've looked through that script several times and I don't know which lines of code that comment is referring to either. It's not the greatest demo. It has nothing to do with the engine though, you'll get the same results with any engine. Do a google search for "physics platformer slopes" and you will find some information about it. A lot of people will just say you should never use physics for a platformer.
    on 1468965571:
    <br />Yeah, I've looked through that script several times and I don't know which lines of code that comment is referring to either. It's not the greatest demo. It has nothing to do with the engine though, you'll get the same results with any engine. Do a google search for "physics platformer slopes" and you will find some information about it. A lot of people will just say you should never use physics for a platformer. <br />
    <br /><br />Thanks