Ice Prison -3d game project

BishopBishop Posts: 128Member
edited December 2016 in Projects
Hi, :) 

The game takes place almost entirely in the ice/underwater Research base complex(Reunion). At the top of the world is a bleak-wasteland(the whole planet is frozen ocean with a few barren islands), there are high temperatures under the freezing point/the air full of the durable (from another Galaxy) mutational viruses-no sign of life except for a few bacteria, none of the survivors has no chance to survive up there, because the prison-ice prison---the only way to see the surface is monitoring tower.

Genre : combination of the exploration, adventure(first person view).
The game will not be too large (I work alone)only two locations: ice wilderness and  underwater base + maybe underwater caves(a trip with the minisubmarine)
...a lot of work but hopefully I'll finish it in good quality.

Tags :

Comments

• BishopBishop Posts: 128Member
    ....A better tower Smiley

the older tower, but I decided for another design Smiley

new ice block Smiley

I'm working on the Reunion research underwater base assets Smiley

• sioncosionco Posts: 37Member
    A good start, it looks very bleak and dead like it should!

I can't wait to see some game-play.
    @sionco Thanks so much, the game mechanics will be harder for me Smiley
    I'm continuing to work on the base.... Smiley
  • KrisKris Posts: 14Member
    Looks great Bishop! Are your rendered 3D objects in Godot or in the modeling program?
    edited December 2016
    Hi, thanks so much Kris!
    for the outdoor scenes ,these are the real-time in Godot engine
    ...and because the underwater base is not yet finished, so the images are from the Blender
    ...when the base and the underwater terrain will be completed, so I exported to Godot engine...next come all assets/props for the game and I'll be doing a mini-submarine,which puts great demands on the appearance of the base of the outside.
    edited December 2016
    I tested how could look panels on the walls with normal maps

[img width=714
    Another test panels on the corridor

• KrisKris Posts: 14Member
    Digging the look.. you can tell it's underwater even if you hadn't said anything.
    Digging the look.. you can tell it's underwater even if you hadn't said anything.

Yes, Smiley Thanks, absolutely must be there to know the atmosphere,cold underwater, the light-colors tones will be crucial.
    A little play with normal maps in Godot

• BinaryOrangeBinaryOrange Posts: 101Big Boss
    Wow, this is extremely impressive! Great work! Can't wait to see more!
    Wow, this is extremely impressive! Great work! Can't wait to see more!

Thanks so much!!, I'll be working on assets...it's a lot of work G:
    ...currently I'm working mainly on the art concepts-the equipment, furniture,etc. for the station and a mini submarine design G:
    ....submarine concept
    I'm working on a submarine  G:

submarine w.i.p - base texture

• SamSam Posts: 13Member
    edited August 2016
    Hi

Your concepts and ideas are beautiful. I hope you will keep your motivation.

Will the player be able to explore the surface (the snowy environment?)

The underwater part kinda remind me subnautica, and above the long dark.
    Out of curiosity will you release the game with an open source license and are you looking for someone to help you?

Sam
    Hi Smiley

Your concepts and ideas are beautiful. I hope you will keep your motivation.

Will the player be able to explore the surface (the snowy environment?)
    The underwater part kinda remind me subnautica, and above the long dark.

Out of curiosity will you release the game with an open source licence and are you looking for someone to help you?

Sam

Hello Sam,
    Thanks so much for a pleasing and encouraging words G:
    This project is at a very early stage, the story is not yet entirely thought out in detail but yes, walk in the white wilderness will be possible.... it has to do with the story, since the beginning of the game probably will begin right at the top (above the ice).
    About the license game,  I hadn't thought yet but open source, maybe Smiley, we'll see how the development take place on.

Maybe,yes, I'm thinking about some help on the game at a later stage.
    ...mainly Godot scripter,one more 3d artist, animator (my animation skills not very good Smiley
    I plan that the game had three characters (something like in the movie "Sphere"), no more, because everything must look deserted.
    I hope that the project will ever see the release Smiley
    ....some drawings Smiley - concept female scientist (no name yet) but it will be one of the characters and the likely beginning of the game story.

....there is something.......this is a human!!...how the hell did he get?...we have to help him.

• SuryaSelSuryaSel Posts: 21Member
    The Concept Art and the Renders look really promising, will definitely keep an eye out for this :)

Hi everybody :)
    @SuryaSel...thanks very much
    after some break time :) again work on this project...work on a lift to the monitoring tower and underwater base.

• BinaryOrangeBinaryOrange Posts: 101Big Boss

Looking excellent! :smile:

@BinaryOrange Thank you very much and Merry Christmas to all the wonderful Godot community <3